07-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #19
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
What I've seen this far the S55 has consistently put down about 70 rwhp more than the S65 has on dynos of the same type. When compared directly to an S65 on the same dyno it also put down about 70 hp more. It will take more than using an AM as reference to convince me that it's not significantly under rated given that the S65 is not severely overrated which don't seem likely at this point in time. That the F8X has put down close to rated crank hp at the wheels at the majority of dyno runs is IMO further evidence of grave under rating since I doubt all those dynos are THAT much off. In the end pick what you like, if you prefer to think it's not under rated you can find a data point or two to support you while ignoring the rest. Personally I don't really care what the exact crank or rw hp number is. Whatever make you happy I guess.
Have you followed the other thread on this topic? I find the posters there and most of the content significantly more deep/insightful and relevant than arguing about which dyno is better. The general consensus on that thread, from the folks most "in the know" (some subjectivity there for sure on my behald) is there is a no to very mild under rating say 5%. Link.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0