jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I find it laughable that you don't realize:
  1. All test have experimental error. Even the most accurate chassis dynos claim about 2% error.
  2. 2% of 425 hp is about 8 hp. There are folks that actually believe the car makes 465-500 crank hp. 8 hp is effectively no underrating given the above point and in comparison to 75 hp.

If you like feel free to think of a more accurate title to be "further dyno evidence indicates no under rating within reasonable bounds of experimental error". Sheesh, we aren't authoring peer reviewed scientific literature here...
So maybe say 2% error as opposed to 2% underrating. Lol, don't get butthurt. It just looks quite contradictory and if you're attempting to be accurate, then perhaps make it accurate. That's all I'm saying.

By the way, I do believe this car is making somewhere between 440-450. If you don't like that and want to waste your time disproving everyone else (or making yourself believe other things) Most people are basing the differences on what they are seeing in real life. Sure, some believe the car is making 500 crank, but it's not. The thing that dynos give us though, is deltas. And when you look at deltas between E9x and F8x cars, there IS a significant difference. It could be the highest or lowest rating dyno in the world and the deltas still matter-not for the absolutes, but for reference points. That's how it has been, and that's how it will always be. You can continue to combat those ideals all you want, but it won't change.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0