01-12-2022, 06:28 PM   #61
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Polestar has mainly been sharing global sales, although Cox Automotive/KBB have their quarterly reports for the first three quarters. The company was able to improve to 29,000 sales globally for all of 2021, but US Polestar sales totaled under 1100 units for the first three quarters (Q4 not reported yet) with Q3 representing their best sales yet at ~800 units sold. It seems Polestar has a greater presence over in Europe and is mainly unknown in America.

For the life of me I'm not sure why they won't take advantage of having a network of Volvo dealers (which Volvo just spent millions in remodeling many of them). With the amount of stores they have they almost seem like a startup company rather than literally just a spin off of Volvo. They are just really confusing from a marketing perspective, they could be doing much better in the states.
I had read the 1100 units in Q1-3 before. That's pretty bad. 800 in Q4 is better but that's still like 250 units/mo. But again, inventory shortages likely play a role too.

There are some good cars that go unnoticed due to poor marketing/dealership network. Polestar 2 seems to be yet another. A true crossover would garner more interest i the brand, but what's the point as Volvo themselves are going head first into EV crossovers.
Appreciate 0