View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #16
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Just got back from another ride, pulled a bunch of wheelies, stoppies, and rode through a park and a urban trail. Try that on your gas powered supermoto and you'll have a lot of annoyed people. Today nobody even knew I was there. It was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
I liked my bikes as loud as possible so other motorists can not only see me, but hear me. Feels safer. I’m all for an electric dirt bike, seen those Alta bikes ripping.
Your exhaust points backwards so it's not very loud in the direction you need it. Coupled with people being in quiet cars or listening to music or being distracted or just not recognizing your engine sound as a notice that they need to WATCH OUT, you can't rely on it at all.

Loud pipes DISTRACT riders, they don't save lives.

Noisy bikes fatigue your senses and reduce your ability to be aware of your surroundings. Wouldn't a loud noise you can activate with a button to warn other drivers be better? Hmm, if only motorcycles came with that.

Ride like nobody sees you and everybody is trying to move into you, regardless of what noises you can make.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00