View Single Post
      01-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
stanleyfalls
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rac10000 View Post
Ahh, okay. I am almost positive the non-sport 35i that I saw at my dealer did not have an oil cooler behind either of the fog lights. I'm not saying that there was not an oil cooler at all, it just wasn't behind either of the fogs ... both ducts were blocked off.

Can someone please confirm about a 35i with the sport package?
I have a 2010 35i built in late December with Sport Package but without the new Performance Upgrade option and it does have the fluid cooled oil cooler (manufactured my Modine who is known for these applications) mounted to the top front of the engine and both fog light ducts are blocked off. But, let me add something that is a real mystery on this subject... when I picked up my vehicle on new years eve, I saw a loaded up 2010 35i that had Sport Package AND the new Performance Upgrade with the drivers side air duct open. At the time I didn't think to pop the hood and look for the engine mounted oil cooler....So, I can only imagine the open driver side vent is a result of the new Performance Upgrade? I looked on the window sticker for anything referring to a trailer hitch or towing option and there was none. Anyone who can shed light on this please do it's got me very curious.
Appreciate 0