CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopggo View Post
I've read too much stuff...that's the problem. Reading through all the posts you get every wrong opinion, plus a million guys that say this was already covered in another post. Needed to get practical and sorry for not providing you with enough info to be helpful.

I want to track, and have too much weight transfer to rear tires on acceleration. That means no drags and more curves, so it looks like I'll focus on tires and maybe then the suspension stuff.

Feel free to help and steer me (no pun intended) in the right direction.
There are not tons of ways you can reduce weight transfer from a chassis perspective. Lowering the center of gravity is one way of doing it. Side-to-side weight transfer can be reduced by widening the track and fore-aft weight transfer can be reduced by lengthening the wheelbase (the latter is not really practical on an existing chassis).

I'd say, the easiest way to control weight transfer is with you right foot. Less acceleration means less weight transfer. Further, you mostly need front-end grip while turning-in, where you should be decelerating, so the "extra power" does not have an impact. At track out, simply modulate the throttle to keep the balance in check.

The F8X chassis is very capable out of the box and is in no dire need of suspension tweaks shy of camber plates to optimize tire wear. Based on the questions you ask here, I seriously doubt your driving skill level is able to exploit the full potential of the stock chassis. I'd recommend focusing on the driver mod (track training and seat time) .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 11-01-2016 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
gopggo64.00