03-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #202
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Nice! We spend a lot of time in Asheville and surrounding areas. My folks had a place north of Asheville, closest town was Burnsville. That was sold when my dad passed away but we own some property south of Asheville where we will build and retire in a few years.
Hold onto it. Property prices are going crazy up there. Unfortunately it's raising property taxes for people who have lived there over generations.

My in-laws own 51 acres between Marion and Boone. Shortly before getting into Boone, you head West for awhile. My father-in-law farmed as a hobby. He's 68 now, but inherited the land from his father. It's beautiful up there.

In the last 15 year's, people have been building these huge vacation homes around the area, and their property taxes have doubled each year for like the last 3-4 years.

We sold my wife's house in the Tryon area after being married for about 5 years. We kept it as a second house, but then got an offer too good to pass on.

There is a lot of money in that community, and even more now since the new equestrian center was built.

I just hope the area we are in doesn't get too developed!
Appreciate 0