01-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #4
bmwhitman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walletsr View Post
I have a 07 e90 335. A couple weeks ago before it began to maintain subzero temperature here on Minneapolis I changed out my coolant. I had heat and equal air flow coming out of all my vents.

After I changed out my coolant winter came and I started using my heater. I noticed that my heat was cooler than usual so I drained my coolant and back flushed my heater core. That didn't fix the issue and then I had a passenger and they mentioned they had no air on their side as well as it was cold.

I then stuck a flexible rod up the vents to try and see if there was anything stuck, which there wasn't.

When I leave the air source as fresh air minimal air flow will come out passenger side and that air is significantly colder than driver side. The heat will work on all vents when I put the heat on recirculation, but the issue is that all my windows get fogged up due to the moisture.

I peered into all the vents with a light and didn't see any oozing or gunk from a heater core leak. I also have looked under driverside and didn't see any leaking from the heater core area.

My heater core hoses are equally hot for intake and output, so I don't believe it's a bad heater core.

I have ordered a new fan, master relay and heater core just in case

Cliff notes:
Flushed coolant and back flushed heater core
Minimal air flow and heat on passenger side.
No known issues prior to coolant flush

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Did you bleed the cooling system ?
Appreciate 0