View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 10:43 PM   #67
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
We are going a little OT here but I'm not sure what you base this on ......

The Swiss have one of the largest vehicle ownership ratios in the world (per head of population) well ahead of most other large nations both inside and outside of Europe and not far behind the USA, Swiss are 10th in the world with USA 4th, Canada 11th. I grant you that not everyone drives an X7 but the most popular car sold there in 2018 (I don't have stats since) was the Skoda Octavia. The top 3 brands overall last year were VW, Mercedes and BMW. Top 3 SUV's VW Tiguan, Merc GLC, VW T-Roc (just ahead of X3).

Make of that what you will but the Swiss are certainly not the tiny car, public transport, car sharing loving people that you portray. They clearly like a car or two.
Owning cars doesn’t equal to using them as your daily driver. No proper Swiss person will commute to work with a car if there is an efficient public transport equivalent available. I have spent over 20 years of my life in Germany and eight years in Switzerland und I don’t really care if you dig out more internet stats. Back to the original question. The top 3 SUVs that you found give you a good idea of an average vehicle size in Switzerland.

Here are the most popular cars in Switzerland in 2018:
https://www.blick.ch/auto/abgefahren...d15104834.html

Last edited by AlexFL; 04-12-2020 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50