05-31-2008, 02:08 PM   #20
M3NTAL
Baller, Shot Caller
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S, AMG G55 & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
It is true that it is a firmer ride, but I found it acceptable, not overly harsh. The M3 with Electronic Damp... is more adjustable.

Both nice cars, you wouldn't go wrong with either one. However, the C63 is definitely faster, everytime.

The M3 does provide quicker lap times. Question: how many times are you driving on the track on the way to work??

Overall winner: C63 (rarer/more exotic, faster, less expensive)
I've never seen "rarer" or "more exotic" and "less expensive" used in the same sentence or talking about the same thing for that matter, they seem to be contradictory statements, that's because they are.

The only reason they are rare is because fewer people are buying them than the M3, and I wonder why Don't call me a fanboy, I'm all for AMG Mercedes, I have two in my garage, and if they can come out with a car that can actually handle like an M3 and put down the massive loads of torque & horsepower, then I would for sure buy another one. In fact I was interested in a C63 before I considered an M3. I test drove one of the first C63s to make it in the country, and while it was fun as hell, and produced smiles, it left me cringing everytime I hit one of the notorious spring-time mid-western pot holes. Not only that, I would get the 19" wheel option, it looks so much better imo, and that would make the ride even worse. Mercedes has made leaps and bounds to better this AMG C-Class, only a couple things have held it back from taking the M3's crown, and that's awesome, but it's still second place.

I believe the both companies have some work to do. BMW M-Division with adding horsepower and especially torque to the M3, and AMG with refining the handling, ride quality, and adaptability with the C63. If both were able to do this, then, we'd have a hell of a competition on our hands.