11-07-2019, 11:59 PM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
Am I reading this wrong but a brand new one is 19-20k OTD while the dealer with a sketchy one wants 19k OTD.

Why would you even consider this and not get a new one instead?

I got my mom a lightly used Honda Fit with about 100 miles on the odometer. It was clean and the story behind it was that the car was a dealership test drive car. It was registered to the dealership for use as a demo car so it could not be sold as new even though it was a 2016 being sold at the end of 2015.
Well I only managed to get one dealer down to like $19,200 on a new one, rest want closer to $20k. However, lets assume for a moment what the dealer is saying is true. The car has 6 miles, for all intents and purposes it's a brand new car (I understand not when you go to resale it, but again she will drive it forever so not worried about resale) so assuming the car is legit and everything they say is true she would get basically a brand new car, but in addition get the CPO warranty on top of that. That would be the only way it would make sense in my book.

If as mentioned above it lost its bumper to bumper and now is sold only with CPO then fuck no it's a horrible deal I'll take the new one, but she claims dealer says it has both bumper to bumper and CPO.
Appreciate 0