View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #375
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
They're fun to drive (being rwd with 125 cross section tires) and are surprisingly roomy inside. Someone at my kid's daycare makes it work with a rear facing car seat. If they just had double the range I'd have bought one, the US version of REX is a bit challenged.
I remember driving them at a dealership event when they just came out and quite enjoyed it. It was a nice comfortable ride and definitely felt fast enough. I'm ok with the 2019s having about 120 mi range. The car will only be driven maybe 3 times per week locally so it would have plenty of time to stay charged up even on level 1 charger. I would definitely skip on the REX because I'd never take it on a road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
One thing I like is how it’s all carbon fiber. You won’t find that in another BMW for long time due to cost but it was the only way to keep the weight down since their battery tech at the time wasn’t all that great. The 2019 version is actually decent life but keep in mind that your range does down day 15-20% during colder weather...

Too bad the Mini EV has shitty battery. Was really looking forward to that as a potential i3 replacement but guess I’ll be waiting for the X3 EV specs...
Yea I was also hoping the MINI SE would have way better range, because I'm actually a fan of their interiors. But the way I see it, if I'm going to get something electric that's different than my M's, I'd want something very different, which the i3 is inside and out.

Have you had anything come up with yours? Don't see to find too many issues on the BEVs
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00