12-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
On my 'to get' list. Just finished Half Life Episode 2 (PC) (Stunning game. Love the way the plot unfolds through each episode). Will probably go for Crysis next. It's one I've been looking forward to for a while.

Info here Carl: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis
Crysis is way beyond anything I have played before.

Graphics are totally next gen and very power hungry. I can only play on 'medium' settings at 1680x1050 with a E6600 Core 2 Duo and BFG OC 8800GTS video card.

Most other games run easily at max settings, but this one is a killer.

In response to Carlos - the plot is pretty straightforward stuff .. you are a special forces type guy and are sent to a sort of tropical island where you end up fighting Koreans and giant alien robots.

The twist is that you have a nano-suit, which allows you to use short bursts of speed, temporary invisibility (cloaking) and temporary super strength.

What makes it amazing is the open gameplay. You are supposed to complete missions, but you can do this in a massive number of ways.

You can creep around using cloaking slashing throats like some sort of ghost, jump in like rambo and blast away with the shotgum roam the entire jungle looking for sniper posts, take out helicopters and tanks from miles away with the rocket launcher. Steal enemy transport and use it against them.

This thing can eat up hours of your life.

Appreciate 0