View Single Post
      12-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #37
kevbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i, E46 M3 track car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecatrache View Post
I think that at the end of the day the decision that everybody takes is this regard will be a function of the variables: fun, thrill, competition, safety, financial exposure, and maybe others. But everybody has different values for these variables, and some of us get the fun, thrill and competition in areas other than racing too.

I would love to do it, but in my case, the risks associated with it are far greater that my need for fun, thrill and competition at the track. Just not worth the risk. For others here, obviously, it is worth the risk. I respect that.
You are absolutely right - it's not for everyone. Obviously everyone responding here absolutely loves it, but there are probably some folks that tried it once and never had a desire to go again. I'll mention one last option - if, for example, you are a member of the BMWCCA, and come out to one of the track days, the Peachtree Chapter encourages the instructors to take members for rides (just dress appropriately and have your helmet). Just taking a few laps with an instructor can be a life altering experience. I promise you one thing, next time you watch a race on TV or play a racing game on PS2 or XBox, you'll have a much greater appreciation for what's happening!