View Single Post
      04-25-2017, 10:39 PM   #13
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Leased a '16 340i xDrive back in November and I wanna change up the exhaust especially for the upcoming summer months. I can't justify the $1500+ for an axleback or $2000+ for a catback.

I'm saving up for a DP (and JB4 to clear the code) but I think a resonator delete on top of that will sound pretty good. Only thing I am worried about is NY inspections but I think the added performance and sound of the DP is worth it. Is there any videos of a stock exhaust with only a catless DP and a resonator delete?
I'm not familiar with NY laws, but most states don't require emissions testing for the first several years. Then it's followed by a period of OBD-II testing only, and finally after more years is where they do actual sniffer emissions testing. Since you're leasing, just keep the stock downpipe and swap back in when it's time to turn in. I wouldn't worry unless you plan on keeping the car afterwards.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0