10-24-2022, 02:32 PM   #101
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace6180G07 View Post
So I am not sure if this is anti dazzle and I have only driven my 23 X7 at night two times now. But I when the high beams come on the light starts inthe middle and then fans out to the edges.

In other words it’s turning on the LED matrix in the middle first and then the others towards the left and the right next.

My car spent 37 days in QC and I just picked it up Thursday of last week. It was never in stop sale.

Is that anti dazzle? I haven’t really paid much attention to tunneling around cars etc.

Either way I think it’s pretty bright and it’s plenty for driving at night.

I did not have the laser light option in my 2020 X5 that I just traded in. So this appears to be an upgrade from the old lights I had anyways. I don’t know if laser lights did the same thing or not either.

And yes I notice the dark pattern of the lights. But it doesn’t bother me. Only really noticeable when you’re going downhill.

Maybe mine came out of QC with AD enabled?
anti dazzle coupled with auto high beam will have the high beams coming on and activating around oncoming cars and cars in front of you.
i had it coded on my X3, you could see the light pattern changing as you encountered other cars on the road.

aside from that, the biggest telltale is that highbeams wont turn off completely when encountering other cars, parts of the beam will turn off, but the high beams themselves will stay on.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0