View Single Post
      12-30-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
NCThreePedals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 GT4/Audi Q8/F15 Diesel

2014 R8 V10 or 2016 Cayman GT4?

I currently have a '15 M4 with every option except DCT and carbon brakes. I love the car and drive it 15k miles a year with *zero* issues and all the fun. It's tough to consider getting rid of a car that nets me 20 MPG with plenty or horses and is so much fun while being very reliable. Plus, I honestly think a daily should not exceed a certain amount of value due to the higher risk like where to park, curbed wheels, etc.

So, I want to take a different route next year. I'm entertaining getting rid of the M4, getting a garage queen, and getting a different daily. The garage queen would be between the two cars in the title. They’re totally different cars, yes, but they're floating in that $85k-$110k range depending on spec, miles, etc. I feel like the R8 V10 has seen its value bottom out for the most part, so the price should steady out since it's one of the last manual V10s. I’ll add that I do not like the new body style. Then you have the GT4 which is a completely different car.

Obviously, when the time is near, the best thing to do is drive both. Until then, my question is, which do you think would be the better of these the two? I'm curious what your thoughts are!

(Also, I'm not too versed in the Porsche world so when I was researching it was crazy to see the current 718 GTS is a 4 cyl! )
Appreciate 1
1cleanm6437.00