10-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #54
OrcaPod
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW F10 528i N52 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
There are millions of owners who buy those tires and most of them, re-buy them(see reviews). And almost all share the same thoughts and have similar requests/expectations.
There are also a lot of manufacturers that are making these tires. Obviously, there is a certain environment where they are in demand. If they will not be good, nobody will buy them and manufacturers will not make them. Also, if they were not good their specific technical specifications (like speed rating / braking, etc.) will be poor' yet, they are not.
I am also tired of the all-season / all-weather confusion.There a lot of guys in here using the same all-weather tires; I just guess they don't want to have a futile conversation. Terrible idea from my part to have this conversation anyway....

So in your opinion, everyone who buys them is an ignorant.
I quite enjoyed our conversation until you used an uncalled for and arrogant term. Sorry, I will not go that low.
Enjoy your wheel swap.
Hi Tracus,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
it's certainly eye-opening for me seeing that all-weather tires might perform adequately in winter conditions (living in Canada as well, I'm used to have a dedicated set of winter tires/rims on my current and previous cars).
Perhaps I missed it in this thread but what all weather tires do you use?
is it Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 ?
also are there any other all-weather tires you personally had experience with?

i didn't know there was a difference between all-season and all-weather tires and all-weather tires might be something i'll look into on my future cars. (my current car is RWD)
Appreciate 0