Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
A. Yes.
B. Yes. BFFs.

Don't like my comment, don't respond to it. pretty simple.

You're certainly entitled to. But you should probably spare us all the "if you don't like it don't get one" crap. I never once implied the vehicles weren't capable or fun. Just that the M brand, itself, is a joke now. BMW has slapped M badges on everything, they might as well be a 17 year old 328i driver.
Your comments don't make much sense. You just stated that the M vehicles (cars and SUVs, I'm guessing) are capable and fun. Then you say the brand is a joke? Where's the joke? I'm waiting to hear a punchline or something funny, aside from your contradictory argument. Porsche makes performance SUVs. Mercedes makes performance SUVs (at least for the previous gen G wagon, the AMG version sold more than the regular version!). Jaguar makes a performance SUV. I could go on, but hopefully you get the point. Just offering a regular X-series SUV is simply not competitive with the current environment. Why give another company a sale just in the name of some outdated POV.

Again, don't buy a M-badged SUV if you don't want one. No car company owes you anything. The only thing they are required to do is make money. Period. Implying that there is some irreversible mandate that car companies can never produce certain vehicles because they didn't do so in the past or some executive from a previous time period said they wouldn't shows how little you understand the business world. Wake up dude, you should be happy that BMW still offers ICE performance cars with both manual and automatic options. If things continue to move in the direction they're going, the world of M vehicles will look wildly different in 25 yrs. You'll look back and complaining about M series SUVs as a rather quaint disappointment in comparison.
Appreciate 0