View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 09:41 AM   #40
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMan View Post
4GC production has been slashed drastically starting at the beginning of the year. Still sells, just less inventory.
I'm sure. It's an older model with tapering demand, so that does not surprise me at all. No doubt BMW has helped the situation by making the G20 the more attractive buy financially, too. Either way, the result is the result: as of yet, no increase in total car sales due to the G20, just a partial mitigation of decline. As discussed above, the F44 could be the ticket though, and I think that the G30 LCI will also spark an uptick there too. I still doubt we'll see BMW cars outsell BMW SAVs next year (note that you have to subtract the X1/X2 from the passenger car category and add it to the light truck category in order to get car vs. SAV sales).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
I thought 6GT did well enough for them to continue
The 6GT is history in the US; MY2019 was the end. By looking at the monthly 6 Series numbers since they finally cleared out the remaining stock of the 6GC (and any lingering coupes and convertibles too I suppose), it has been clear just how poorly this model sells here.

For RoW, it will get an LCI next year with the G30 5 Series and remain on the market for the rest of its originally planned cycle. After that, it will be discontinued and there will be no more GT models.
Appreciate 0