View Single Post
      08-05-2022, 12:26 PM   #28
jdloyd01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 xDrive40i

Initial thoughts on driving it:

Engine and Drivetrain - Very smooth and lots of power. It comes on about like you would expect. My prior experience was in a 2022 GLS 450. The BMW is way smoother when taking off from a stop than the Mercedes. . I would say it is a much better driving experience than the GLS.

The transmission worked well. I hardly noticed it as I was driving around, it does its job very well. Another plus

Handling - Great, as you would expect from a BMW. Great feel around corners. We have a lot of round-abouts locally and it was very composed going through those. I probably go through them faster than I should.

Others - Love the seats, super comfy and adjustable. Note: the car came with two pillows for the second row headrests. I thought it was an option, seems like it is standard (not in any of the packages I picked). We have three kids, so I guess that will be a point of contention now.

Glass controls: I was a bit worried about my choice here. It seems it was a love or hate thing on 2022 models. The controls are smaller in the 2023, so the glass controls seem less "pimpish" than before. There isn't a large shifting stalk like prior models, just a smaller switch that fits in with the rest of the car. I am happy with my choice here. Oh, and I had no issues with sunlight and glare.

iDrive 8 is okay. I am completely new to it. Last I saw of iDrive was in a 2017 X5. I feel like I am an Apple user that has just been handed an Android phone. Everything is familiar but different. It also seems to come on and stay on too much. Again, probably a setting to deal with. We will chat with the local genius to sort some of that out.

that about all I got.

PS - If you want to see something specific on the car picture wise, let me know and I will do my best.
Appreciate 1