View Single Post
      04-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Track Pad help people

I need advice from all you track guys. This may be a little wordy but bare with me. A little history first. Before the M Coupe I had an 88 E30 M3 with a 2.5 engine, ground control coilovers and camber plates, 700/550 springs, track tirees and wheels (R888 tires), Stainless steel brake lines, RBF 600 brake fluid, full race seats and 4 point harness in both seats, ClutchMaster Stage 4 clutch and pressure plate, and lightweight flywheel. As you can see the car was barely a driveable street daily driver car. The car was AWESOME on the track though. I used Hawk HT-10 pads and really liked them for the initial bite, but this was a momentum car with 220hp at the wheels.

Now the question, without a doubt I am taking the M Coupe to the track! BUT I know how hard the HT-10's are on rotors, so those are out on the Coupe. The thought of replacing rotors after every track day is NOT my idea of a fun weekend. I have read about several different pads and have narrowed them down to 2. Performance Friction 06 and Carbotech xp8 and xp10. I nned advice and your personal references about the pads.

I am a BMW certified instuctor and run in the advance run group. All braking is done before turn-in as much as possible. I still beleive in using momentum than point and squirt techniques. I want a solid initial bite and great brake control with the pads.

Give me what you got guys and thanks for the help already.
Steve

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0