04-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshk View Post
Not advanced, however I'm getting good use out of these. My current set has ~ 60 laps at Shannonville and 75 at Mosport. Inspected them on the weekend and they're good for a couple more events. This is the same material StopTech includes with their BBK's. I suspect a few folks have tracked with this setup...
I suspect you're also using regular street tires. This is a street pad that can be used at the track, it doesn't have any of the stopping characteristics of a good track pad and requires being "easy" on the brakes to make them live. A few laps on a sticky tire with a proper pad setup will make you realize the difference between a street pad and a track pad as the poster originally requested. Stoptech originally used Axxis ultimate pads with their kits but started including these when they were purchased by Centric.