View Single Post
      02-18-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
Roman G
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: a few

HELP: cleaning tips /getting rid of dust. M sport streering wheel cleaning / seats

I have the m sport with black sensatec (non leather seats)

I have been searching the forums for answers but answers are all over the place, some say use this don’t use that. Just looking to narrow down my results.

I'm super paranoid about keeping the interior clean (I don't even drive people in the back seat, not even plain water in the car is allowed lol )

1. I am wondering what is the BEST way to clean the interior from the dust?
I am talking dash board, instrument cluster, gauges, vents, center console, shifter and so on...
I'm assuming some kind of micro cloth with a interior cleaner? What kind of cloth?

2. Also, after some research for the best way to clean the M sport steering wheel it seems like BMW leather cleaner is the way to go to clean the smooth m steering wheel leather...is this still true?
Or is a damp cloth sufficient to keep it clean and feeling/looking new? (will it dry out the leather/needs to be conditioned?)
Are there any better products for the m steering wheel? What kind of cloth should I use?

3. For all around cleaning of the interior I'm leaning towards Mothers' quick interior detailer...hows this product for our interior? on the sensatec and all around the car (panels, dash, seats and LUMBAR support, kick panels)

4. And Last, sensatec is more durable then leather, I would still like to clean it free of dust and condition / keep looking new, what is the best product for the sensatec?

Thank You

Roman
Appreciate 0