Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmc View Post
Hi Jon D,

Congrats - looks great!!

Can you give me a comparison of the Adaptive Drive in Sports mode vs your previous 330d M Sport? Also, where would you place the Adaptive Drive in normal mode relative to a standard suspension setup? Do you find the handling acceptable in normal mode? I'm keen for your opinion as a previous E90 M Sport owner on similar roads to what we have here in Northern Ireland.

I've read somewhere that the standard UK setup is between normal and sport but I assume this is referring only to damping and the Anti-roll stabilizers provide additional benefit.

Thanks,

David
It's a bit too early to tell as I'm taking it reasonably easy for the first 1,500 miles.
However, thus far I feel that, in Sport mode, the car corners almost as well as the E92 M and considering that it's a significantly larger car, I reckon that's quite something, especially as the ride is nowhere near as bone-jarring, but that's probably, in no small part, due to the tyres.
I only use normal and comfort modes in and around town to soak up the bumps and pot-holes. I haven't done any motorway driving yet, but normal might be good in those conditions too.
My only slight criticism is that the steering is not nearly as responsive as on the old car, but it's not comparing like with like and the reduction in feel might also be exacerbated by the tyres; I shall seriously consider upgrading to 20" wheels after the winter.
Appreciate 0