View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
pinemind
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-sport 6 sp manual

Mike's Auto Body in Malden for M-sport Bumper Paint/Install - Awesome!

All,

I recently got a replica M-sport front bumper painted and installed on my 2009 e92 335i xDrive, Barbera Red. I went to Mike's based on some recommendations here. After the process, I still want to know why this guy is not at the top of the list (Dick's, Sansossio). I've never had a more positive experience at an auto repair facility in my life.

I called on a Friday at lunch and asked when I could come in to get a quote. They said, "Do you have your bumper with you? If so, come in whenever you want." So 30 minutes later, I was there and Mike started the quote process. He showed me around the entire shop, explained his process, and had his guys start on the paint match immediately. He told me it would take about 3 days to prep/paint and then I could just drop my car off and it would be done in a day. However, he was going to be on vacation that week and insisted that he oversee the entire painting and install process. So I came back a week later and dropped my car off. He showed me the bumper and again, went through exactly what he did.

Both times I was there, he was extremely friendly and engaging. He talked my ear off about his vintage Porsches that he races, rebuilds, etc. Today when I picked it up, he showed me his Porsche closet with these $10k carburetors, transmissions, calipers, etc. Such a treat! Prices were reasonable for the amount of prep work and care he put into it. Even though this was a replica, he had zero problems fitting it (no trimming) and the alignment is perfect. He even fixed a few of the undercarriage pieces as he said it looked like I had run something over at some point, and didn't charge me for it.

Here's a couple pictures. You can see my full thread in the Gallery forum (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...7#post13592117)

Appreciate 0