08-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #9
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Coilovers not only lower the car but improve center of gravity and will make the car handle better. One of the best upgrades you can make to a vehicle IMO
umm, yes. Not arguing that as it's absolutely correct.

Let me add some context.

Is the OP looking to just reduce wheel gap or gain performance that can help close the gap between the 340 and M3 - I say close because it will never be the same or better.

With that said, coilovers cost the same if not less to install as spings. Some costs could be made up there. Even better if you do the work yourself. In addition, coilovers are also inherently better because the shocks and springs are tuned for one another and the chassis. Not to mention the adjustability to fine tune vehicle height.

Furthermore, if you have a lease, you can remove the coilovers and retain roughly 70% of the value for resale. Same can't be said for the springs.

If springs are still considered, I would go with Dinan as the drop is minimal which is healthier on the OEM shocks.

Ultimately to each their own, but there are good to better options when lowering. Personally, I have never trusted springs and always go the coilover route or keep it stock.
Appreciate 0