03-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
We all pretty much know about the performance capabilities of both cars. And obviously they are completely different in their execution and mission as high performance cars. So i think the final decision would be IMO, base on three factors. The first would be the test drive, and if possible drive them hard. Basically which one will be more sufficient for your needs and your lifestyle. The second one would be asthetics. Obviously this is very subjective, as the old saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". The third and last one would be value. If your paying $70k for a fully loaded M3 or $70k base GTR, the decision would be tougher for me. But if the GTR's price is bloated by dealers of up to $90k, IMO it would not be worth it. If i really prefer the GTR, i'd rather wait when the demanding price becomes normal and the hype is gone. But $80k for the GTR is probably reasonable. Good luck on your decision, i could only wish i had your dilema.
...."IMO it would not be worth it."....how do you know its not worth it without seeing the car or driving it?....the GTR out performed the Porsche turbo and is substantially cheaper....not judging or flaming you...its just a strong statement without merit....
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0