ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
So, you need a fix? I don't know if this has been posted before, but got it from another forum:

Originally posted by Scott27

Seen the car in it's finished production prototype stage late this afternoon. and some new facts , The output cut-off stops at 360PS so look below 360 to estimate the final PS figure,

The Personalisation options will not feature with this generation as it is too late in the cycle to do so, but the next generation 1er will receive the personalisation options. BMW will counter such options with a final ltd run of a GTS M1. Although the standard car will receive usual M appendages such as Carbon Fibre Roof etc.

Car looks mean , standard 5 spoke alloys , or with optional Competition Wheels. The exhaust sound is like a high performance bike , very raspy. On a similar level as the S1000RR Superbike.
When the quad-piped cars hit the track you will be able to hear the full output as sound and exhaust tuning is moving into the forefront of development now.

The "Production" car will debut in mid-late December - the thinking is... Give the consumer a very special Christmas gift.
The car will go on sale in Europe in Spring 2011 and be available in North America for early summer.

A drive in a prototype is only a few days away , but as a 135i owner I am told that it is not just a faster 135i , it leaves the 135i behind in everything where the 135i succeeds.

The key difference is to distance this car as a stand alone model and distinguish it from the current model so it allows the next generation 1er Sporthatch space to integrate itself.
http://www.**************.com/1-seri...s-info-23.html
Sorry, that's old news.