View Single Post
      06-25-2015, 10:52 PM   #4
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR886 View Post
We tried the European blinker light, it did not work.

I also did the wide view light coding but only the driver side light goes to the left. The passenger side remains the same. Is this correct?

I coded the european blinker and works fine

VLD description

"Variable Light Distribution technology, optimises visibility under many driving conditions. The road speed dependant system automatically enlarges the driver’s field of visibility by broadening the light beam, or the “footprint” of light.

In a typical city night-time driving situation at speeds below 50 km/h, the system ensures a broader distribution of light making it easier to recognise objects on the oncoming side of the road.

In freeway mode, the driver’s field of vision is extended by giving the light beam a longer range, and again offering greater illumination on the far side of the road.

Activation of the fog lamps at speeds of up to 70 km/h also generates broader light distribution and brightens up the area close to the car.

At higher speeds, the headlight range is also extended over and above the broader distribution of light.

Variable Light Distribution has several different modes of operation (for Low Beam):

1 - City Light: Shallow and Very Wide Beam Pattern active from 0 - 50kph (30MPH) (Both Headlamps are Panned outwards 12° horizontal from center and 0.7° lowered vertically)

2 - Standard Light: Same Basic Beam Pattern as with 8S4 Enabled and Headlamp Switch Set to Auto. Active from 50 - 110kph (30MPH - 68MPH)

3 - Guiding Fog Light - Shallow and Wider Beam Pattern Enabled with the Front Fog Lamps On and Headlamp Switch in Auto and Speed 0 - 110kph (Both headlamps are panned outwards 8° horizontal from center and lowered 0.7° vertically)

4 - Highway Light - Long Throw Pattern illuminating approx. 25% further than Standard Light. Active from 110 to 250kph (68MPH- 155MHP). (Driver's Side Headlamp is panned 3.5° outwards Horizontal from center and lowered 0.25° vertically, while the passenger side headlamp is raised 0.2° vertical)"
Appreciate 0