CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
Will your disappointment with the tires lead you to replace them? Will you keep the stock wheels and go with a different tire? If so what size and which tire? Or will you get a completely different set for the track? I guess you will have all winter to answer this question but I am curious as to your preliminary thoughts/strategy.

In my noob foray at the track I found the tires to be great in the wet and good in the dry. They were downright dangerous at the drag strip, however, for reasons that escape me.
It was not a disappointment per se with the PSS, because it is what I expected.

I thought of bringing my track wheels and tires, but I was worried that I would cook the brakes with R-comps. I guess I should have brought the wheels because I ended up cooking the tires instead.

On my E92, I used a dedicated set of Enkei NT03 18"x10" wheels shod with 275/35 Nitto NT01s. They were fantastic. I need to try them out on the M4 if they fit. According to my math the offsets should be good, I just need to confirm they clear the brakes. If it works out, that will be my track setup.

As far as the PSS go, I will stick with them because they are such a great street tire and wet track tire. I will just need to buy a new set of fronts in the spring
Appreciate 0