Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [8.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
In theory you are right, it shouldn't matter where you are tapping the KCAN bus (as long as its the right one ).

You mentioned trunk mount, what wiring harness are you using? Neither trunk mount nor tapping the CAN at the iDrive controller are part of the official retrofit instructions, so I can't help but wonder if something is hooked up improperly or the wiring harness isn't correct. People place the module in the trunk without issue so I know its possible.

Also, with a CIC car, I want to confirm you placed the wires in the quadlock harness into the correct positions, which are 18,28,and 27?
Yes that is correct, I used those pins on the HU and used the F10 kit with the shorter FARKA wire that goes from the camera to the ECU, someone else earlier on mounted the ECU on two unused studs above the battery which is what I did. Only different thing about the wiring is that the red wire is yellow in this kit, but everything else is identical. I’ll double check the pin outs on the connectors I’m using for the KCAN1 stuff as well, but my hunch is checking resistance between the wires and each wire to ground might yield my answer
Appreciate 0