View Single Post
      11-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #16
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon
It shouldn't discolour it. If u get cheap film, 3M (first generation) film with UV inhibitors or VentureShield with UV inhibitors, that will discolour your car just a bit. If your get 3M (second generation) film withOUT UV inhibitors or Llumar film withOUT UV inhibitors, your paint will be protected and look just fine. I'm personally getting the Llumar film.

And yes, colour has a "U" in it!
uh, I have the Venture Shield film and it is NOT cheap - race cars use this film on their cars. I've had the film on my car for a couple of months now and there is no discoloration whatsoever. Especially on a dark car like mine you would think it would be more obvious, but people can't even tell it's on there unless they look very closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonspike22
the bmw clear bra covers the whole front bumper plus a quarter of the the hood right? but is it possible for it to cover only the bumper?
hey cannonspike, the film is pre-cut into pieces so you can specify exactly what parts and how much of the film you want the car to be covered in. I got everything done except the rear bumper, and you can even get the whole half of the hood covered with the extended kit, which is what I have.

I think the Clear film is one of the best investments you can make, esp. if you drive on the freeway. It is expensive but imagine how much much more expensive it would be to replace one of your Xenon headlights if it got cracked due to some debris...
Appreciate 0