View Single Post
      01-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
njmania25
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Another thread on adaptive hadlight and fog light errors (need shop)

ok, long story...had a shop (who posts on here) replace the head lights bulbs on my car. They broke the tabs on the head light cover and water got into one of the headlights....after a lot of BS with them (will never use them again), I have been driving around with an adaptive headlight error for the last year or so...it's an annoying error because I can't clear it so it blocks information on the nav screen, etc...car was in for an oil change at a BMW dealer and they wanted $4500 to replace both headlights and both adaptive headlight control modules!!!! They claim there is an error on both...

Problem #2 - I also replaced my fog lights with HID ones...they worked fine for about 6 months and then I get nothing but errors when the car is driving slowly....

I am going to have these errors coded out next week so at least that will be resolved...

onto my questions...is there a shop that in NJ that will take an honest assessment of the head light issue and can determine why I am getting error messages from my fog lights (someone mentioned that resistors have a shelf life????) At this point I am desperate so I'll even take the "i did this on my car and for a small fee I can do it on yours.." I just want my lighting headlights to go away...
Appreciate 0