View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #7
ToasterStroodle
Rep
Drives: '95 BMW 730iL E38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
I'm also waiting for the 2020 config guide to be posted so I can configure and place an order. I have had a few basic conversations with dealers and it differs on how much they are willing to discount the cost. One which I'm talking to now initially told me they have little room to negotiate for ordered vehicles and to pick one from the lot. Well, we all know what the problem is with that. Usually the cars on the lot don't have the options we want. We ended up agreeing to order and negotiate once I have my config down. Options you order are subjective so its based on preference. For me, the Bowers sounds damn good and the Harmon is not as good but better than most car audio systems and I have it in my present Mercedes GLS so I opted to save my $3k. The night vision will depend on where you drive. I'm in the suburbs so don't do a lot of dark road driving and we don't have a lot of animals or people jumping out of the woods . I'm going for the 40i M-Sport too. I like the look but I'm concerned about the lower profile run-flats. The captains are nice and give that upscale appearance but one reason I'm buying an SUV is for space and this takes away from it but, its very temping. Laser Lights are nice but I thought they will not be available for the 40i. Lastly, I not a fan of assistance professional package so I didn't opt for it.
Thank you for your reply as well as the feedback on a few options/packages! Since this car will be used by all members of the family, my mother is adamant with the night vision pack so that's not going anywhere, haha! My dad is adamant with the captain chairs so that's staying too. Bowers is something I am adamant about so that's also staying, haha.

With regards to the assistance professional package, may I ask what exactly about it do you not like?

And, lastly, with regards to the laser lights, I added it to the options list in hopes that it can be added as a special order item. I reached out to dealers regarding the availability of it on the 40i trim as well as the possibility of special ordering them, and I'll post an update when I hear back from them (fingers crossed!)

I've also uploaded the latest 2020 model year ordering guide (7/30 edition) as well as the pricing guide (5/22 edition). Hopefully you'll find it useful!
Appreciate 0