View Single Post
      01-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonNW View Post
Thanks for sharing Scott, the 8 is looking really great IMO.

The Z4 is my real interest though. After my somewhat disappointing E89 experience, I'm hoping the Z4 will be good enough that I can trade my F80 for an Z4+X3 combo in the next couple of years. Hopefully both M models.
The Z4 as does the concepts of the 8er and the X7 have minimal differences in order to accommodate legislation from impact tests and pedestrian safety.
On saying that both engineers and designers have worked to bring the cars as close to their conceptual form as possible. Differences are minor but some would describe them as major.

Of my favourites due this year I would say the all new 8er and the 3er and all new X5. And for existing addition the M2 C(ompeition) S.

The new 8er is in every evidence the Gentlemans Racer. It embodies a classic yet overly modern appearance. Exquisite detailing and more emphasis on performance. The upcoming M8 is now branded under "Bayerische Motoren Werke" so will be absolutley exclusive.

The new 3er is leaps and bounds over the outgoing 3er the F30. Interior uses higher quality materials and finer detailing.
Styling is evolutionary but some design details border on the revolutionary. Not just for a 3er but for BMW. It's signature again will be complete competence.
The ability to offer everything for every customer.

The new X5 is a personal favourite as it returns to its original concept.
Now there is the upcoming X7, X5 no longer has two jobs to fulfill.
It's sportier looking, and more sharper in its outlines such as the headlights and rear lights. The rear quarter light kink is a symbol of this direction as it follows the X1 and X3 and kicks up. The ideas are similar to the X3 but were some elements are rounder on the X3. They are more sharper on the X5.
Interior is evolutionary but again there has never been complaints about this feature. Like all upcoming BMWs they get the latest in display technology and connective features.

The M2 is about adding some extra but slight visual drama to the new elements aimed at a more enhanced experience. It looks slightly meaner, especially at the front but overall appearance is restrained rather than being far too dramatic and venturing into comedy dealt with by the Aftermarket. It works from a small checklist to increase its experience, whilst not major I am told that the feeling is noticeable rather than just an increase in power.
The new M2 is all about a more visceral experience which in the current car is phenomenal. I have not driven it but I can't wait to.
Last edited by SCOTT26; Yesterday at 07:23 PM.