03-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #19
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdbirdman View Post
Went to dealership today. Mechanic reset the iDrive to factory settings. This deletes all profiles, settings, phones, data, etc. This solved the problem for now. I can now connect to my phone both through Bluetooth and CarPlay. HOWEVER, if I leave my car and then return with my phone I must reselect my phone to reconnect. That’s not how it’s suppose to work. Also the usb connection still doesn’t work correctly. I guess I’ll have to wait for BMW to update the software like they have with the X5. 11/2018.55 is the only software available at this time.
Really? Booooooo. X5 has had multiple updates, including in the initial release phase that the X7 is currently in. Because they share the same iDrive and similar CLAR architecture, any X5 software update should be an easy transport to the X7, to solve the same problems. Don't need to reinvent the wheel.

I realize the X5 has a much higher customer sales base than the X7, but we definitely should have had SOME sort of X7 software update in the last 4+ months. Launch of a brand new vehicle should naturally be followed with a slew of updates.
Appreciate 0