Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSM View Post
GT3 RS has, no manual, a button to stiffen and soften the shocks, a nav screen, but it's still the ultimate drivers car.
A car can have those things and still be a beast of a car.
I've never driven a GT3RS, but I did ride in one for 8 laps at AAA California Speedway. It was by far, the fastest, quickest, best braking car I've ever been in. As impressive as the acceleration was, the grip (which I could feel from the passenger seat because I was glued to the side bolsters though the turns) was unbelievable. The braking felt like we pulled a parachute and deployed an air brake! It was crazy. But to stay on topic, the PDK was magical. It ripped off perfect upshifts and perfect downshifts, all without ANY input from the driver. He never touched the console mounted shifter, nor did he use the steering wheel mounted paddles. As I watched him drive and marveled at the performance of the car, I couldn't help but think that he was being "robbed" of some of the experience. I kept thinking how awesome it would be if HE were shifting the car the way the computer was. Yes, I understand the computer does it better. I witnessed it first hand, it was amazing. But it couldn't be more fun than trying in out for yourself. When I got out of the car I thought to myself, "I'm getting a GT3 asap, but It's going to be a 997 with a 6MT. Yes the 991 is "better" in every way, except in ultimate fun.
Appreciate 2