01-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #20
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saporitj View Post
Never say cheap. I call myself frugal and then again I just bought a $80k car. No clear bra but I was and still am considering professional ceramic coating but just not now.

I've always used Maguire's professional line of products but I'm liking Wolfgang products. I recently bought a couple of their products but only tried their quick detailer recently. I loved it. My car was slick to the touch and shined. As soon as I can get the car into the garage I plan on paint correction and trying Wolfgang sealant.
Now I'm off to research Wolfgang!

I actually rather like taking care of our cars. It's fun for me, kind of a relaxing/focused weekend activity, and rewarding to see both the immediate and long term results. So I don't mind taking the "frugal" route and then investing my time in maintenance.

Cars are a 2009 Lexus and 2003 Toyota - both bought when they were 3 or 4 years old and kept outside until we moved into our new house last year. But as much as I could given my facilities and budget over the years, I've maintained both with just regular washes and occasional wax. Only recently got into even basic stuff like claying and spray two-bucket washing. Still, I think they look pretty damn good for being 10 and 15 years old, respectively. Just did a headlight restore (triple sanding followed by Plastix polish and sealant) on both our cars and from a distance they look like they might only be a year or two off the assembly line.

I can only imagine what a new car will look like over time now that I have a garage and am not just blindly splashing ArmorAll over everything!
Appreciate 0