02-24-2018, 04:28 AM   #5
antah
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: G31 530xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa100 View Post
It is very subjective. You really need to try and listen to a system make your own judgment.

For reference, like others have said on the 7 series forum....the Bass is not as strong as the Bang & Olufsen in the previous generation, which I had in my F11 and was pretty much perfect for a factory system.

It has a very forward/bright sound, the treble and mid range are slightly overpowering the underseat subs in my opinion. There is quite an aggressive roll off of the bass beyond 3/4 volume. There are a few reports (7 series) of people having their amps replaced due to failure........I wonder if BMW have now slightly lowered the output to the subs due to these failures ?

I have added 2No extra 8" subs in the luggage area to help bass. Not massive amounts, just to rebalance the factory roll off at higher volume levels.

Overall it is a step up from the Harmon Kardon system which I have in my other G30, which is pretty good, and now having extensively listened to the B&W system, I am not sure I would pay for it again.
Sounds bit disappointing ;( I listened to H/K in G31 and wasn't really impressed, so i ordered B&W.. If you say difference is not massive.. i don't fell great now...

I saw your setup in the trunk and liked it.. i'm sure i'll go for similar one within next year.