09-07-2022, 01:22 PM   #227
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
I will absolutely disagree with this. In a straight line? Sure.

On a track, no way. I can demonstrate many many situations that the automatic logic, even on my M5 CS, is in the wrong gear for the turn, accelerating in the turn, and during braking for the turn.

Same driver, same car, on a track they know, I'll bet one second faster for every minute on the track, manual shift of slushbox vs auto.

Shawn
Every car has different programming for the trans. Even though it might utilize the same trans for instance the zf 8 in your car vs a zf8 speed in a hellcat etc.

Straight line speed definitely. I think the only time a car runs “slower” in “auto mode “ is for dct cars. A GTR is SLOW in auto. Using the paddles net faster results. Same with the c8 stingray/gt500 etc

An average driver, which makes up 98% of this forum, that drove similar cars one with a manual , and then one with an auto the auto would be faster, whether in full auto or manual mode.

But of course fun factor is relative in either situation. Because I know people will say that driver will ONLY have fun in a manual.

But then I’d counter it and say that’s not true as just being out there in general equates to enjoyment.

You guys wouldn’t want a 2022 civic si manual over a Ferrari 488 to drive right? I mean the civic is a manual after all right?
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3377.00