View Single Post
      04-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
walile
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

335i xDrive Sedan or 1M Coupe

Hi all, I'm a new member but long time lurker of this wonderful forum. I know by asking opinions here, most people will say go with the 1M, and that's wonderful as I am looking for a different perspective.

I was about to place an order on a 335i xDrive sedan 6spd manual, getting a great deal through BMW incentive and dealer discount. That's when I got a call from my sales rep, inform me that they have a 1M Coupe allocation for August delivery and he can knock $1000 off MSRP for me.

The 1M with no option will cost about $5000 over a well equipped 335. I will be losing heated steering wheel, power memory seat, comfort access, individual audio, auto dimming int/ext mirrors, sunroof and even lumber support. Plus that AWD which helps quite a bit in winter.

As a daily driver, that's sacrificing a lot of comfort and luxury. But at the same time, the 1M Coupe reminds me of the E30 M3 and that had been my dream car for a long time. So, I am at lost here.

An alternative to the 1M is to get the 335xi and upgrade the power to yield a power to weight ratio closer to the 1M. Coilover suspension for better handling. 245 width tires all around and possibly rear LSD.

But the 335xi will not have the big brake and probably not the driving dynamics of the M with nearly 500 lbs of extra weight.

So, if you are in my shoes, what would you do?
Appreciate 0