02-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #19
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartMack View Post
I'm still a little perplexed To extend your analogy, if you took your San Francisco BMW to the Chevy dealer in Los Angeles, where you most certainly didn't buy it, and wanted warranty support, I suspect they'd not help you, eh?

He didn't buy the rims from TireRack, and he bought the tires 2 years ago for another car for a DIY install. Why would they be obligated to help?? The facts so far do not support the thread title IMO.
I am a little perplexed by your BMW to Chevy? Aren't we talking about valve stems? If I bought my BMW in SF and took it to a BMW in LA i would expect service. I don't get where got the whole Chevy thing.

I would never take a BMW to a Chevy dealer. Sorry bro, but you aren't making any sense to me. Or maybe I was unclear about my SF to LA analogy only because I live in both places and have had cars serviced at both places.

Tirerack sells tires and wheels do they not? So I buy from one tire dealer, I can't get parts from another tire dealer?

We are talking customer service not support. We are talking about asking someone to help you find a part. Again, all I am saying is that Tirerrack blew it on pleasing their customer.

It's their lost, it doesn't really matter to me. All I am saying is that Tirerack has lost one person's business, and in effect they could be losing a lot more in the future. It is just not smart, thats all I am saying.

EDIT: I have no idea why you talking about warranty support, again, the topic is that Tirerack customer service sucked. You are completed correct in saying that Tirerack had no obligation to help Long with his issue. They refused him service. He went elsewhere. Long had the part number in hand. They REFUSED to serve him

I just hope Tirerack understands that customer service is delighting the customer (or potential customer) in providing them with whatever it is they need to the best or extent of their abilities. Maybe Tirerack didn't feel like they needed a customer and so refused to service it. That's fine, that's their choice.

Again all I am saying and have been saying is that, this is bad customer service that leaves behind a bad reputation. I am not attacking tirerack, just saying the image they give off right now is not a good one. When a customer comes ready to order a part, and you refuse it just goes to show you don't want his business. Those are the facts. Please re-read Long's entry about finding the part number. He just wanted to order the part.

Please stop taking my words and getting defensive over my analogies, these are simply my views and opinions I express. I am feeling frustrated because you taking my words and twisting them around, especially with the Chevy-BMW analogy.
Appreciate 0