View Single Post
      10-13-2019, 09:20 PM   #17
Cali_MSport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30, 06 325i, 07 328i

Big thank you to dpaul and ctuna for Providing a clear and thorough explanation of coding and programming. Very helpful indeed. I'm not exactly sure why I said that they are one in the same. What I was meaning to say was that I had realized that coding and programming threads were both okay to post in the coding forum. The reason I hadn't posted this in the coding forum to begin with was because I knew programming was different than coding and I thought that forum was strictly for coding. I need programming obviously and than once I'm back to normal I may consider doing some coding.
My understanding was limited to my thought that coding is for customizing things and programming is for default settings. Now I fully understand thanks to you guys taking time out of your day to give me a hand I cant thank you enough for your advice and kindness. I kinda of think I'm in a little bit over my head as this area is unknown to me and I've got quite a mess here to deal with. Voltage did drop that's how I got here. Where do I get a power supply and what are some suitable models to buy? Do you think my modules are wasted some do not communicate ? I am uncertain if that autel maxi sys elite scanner uses bmw software or where it downloads from all I know is it said "bmw version 13.1" up in the corner on the screen but I guess that could be their own version of software. If anyone out there cares to help program my car via Skype or team viewer I would be happy to pay for your time and effort even if we fail. I just feel that some experience is critical here or more damage might occur
Appreciate 0