Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
From what I've heard, power-wise, the M2 feels pretty much the same as the M3 up to 100mph. Now if you plan on pushing well into triple digits, fun factor should be much greater on the M3. I have not driven the M3, but the M2 is plenty of fun. On corners where I fully expect my E92's rear to come out, the M2 sits like its on rails lol. I've read a lot of reviews comparing the M2/M3 and everyone pretty much sums it as the M2 being the more enjoyable, and connecting ride- and they say the M3 feels more numb, but the M3 really opens up at the higher speeds.
My father has a 30 Jahre M3 and it feels faster than my M2, but not in a usable way on the road. Comparing the two I would say the M2 feels a lot smaller, the M3 feels a little stiffer but it could just be the ZCP seats which are definitely harder than the M2 seats. Driving on twisty roads, I would choose the M2 just because it's so flat and does exactly what you want it to do, Where as the M3 really feels it's size, and can kick the back end out, if your heart desires, in a blink of an eye. Both are great cars, but it's really what you want the car to feel like, the M2 is a small tossable car like an E46 M3, the F80 M3 is a rocket ship of a sedan. Once I take both to the track I'll be able to judge them better, because from my experience, that's where you fall in love with the M2.
Appreciate 1
BruceM985.50