View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 04:42 PM   #582
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusad View Post
I ordered my wife's tanzanite blue m50i on February 15 and it was delivered to the dealership on March 29. Delivery is now stalled at their lot until they reopen in May. I suppose the only possible benefit is that we can take advantage of what I would expect would be improved incentives released by BMW next Monday.
We are going to go see her car this weekend. This is so odd. I haven't approached this aggressively yet, but it seems strange that there isn't some mechanism by which we can close on this vehicle.
Are the Boston dealers completely closed? Here in CA, the sales dept is closed to walk in sales but they are doing online sales and deliveries. They do paperwork by mail/email and will deliver the car to your house then remove the plastic wrap on the seat/steering wheel etc and leave the keys in the car and walk 10 to 20 ft away then call you to come out and take delivery of the car. No direct physical contact between the SA and buyer. But still selling and delivering cars despite the shelter in place order.

But they can only do this with cars sitting on their lot. No dealer trades, and no new cars coming from port since the port is closed.
Appreciate 0