View Single Post
      09-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
jmlenz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i sport

Just lowered the E90 w/H&R race springs...impressions, pics!

>>>New pics posted on page 2...19's...hells yes!!!<<<
Just got a smoking deal on these springs from DTM in LA...$350 installed! I know there are several pics posted already but mostly H&R "sport" drops, not the more aggressive "race" drop. My ride is a bone stock E90 sport package.

Impression:
Well you are probably going want to upgrade the dampers if your going to run these "race" springs. The springs are obviously overpowering the rebound of the OEM dampers...resulting in a mild, but noticable "bounce" over uneven surfaces. The ride quality is slightly diminished but the lower center of gravity/higher spring rates make turn-in and quick transitions feel more sporty, as-in less body lean and a more of a "direct" feel. The stance is worth the ever so slightly harsher ride quality over the "sport" drop to me. Once I get the 19's on next week there should be no fender gap at all. As for alignment...Im waiting to let the springs "settle" for a week or so and to get the new wheels on to get it aligned...hopefully Im not left w/too much neg camber. Ill keep the post updated after this happens. To be honest I thought the car would sit lower than it is, but overall Im satsfied with the purchase. For now Ill stick with the stock struts, but if you want the most out of these springs go with some Koni yellows or something comparable. Enjoy the pics!

Here are the before and afters--->
BEFORE:

AFTER:

ANOTHER AFTER:

19's are coming soon ...

Last edited by jmlenz; 10-08-2006 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0