03-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #14
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
I definitely recommend a dedicated set of snows for anyone driving a RWD car. I use my old E34 (1994 530i) as my winter/daily driver, and have non-studded Dunlap Wintersport M3's on there, and I swear the car could get me though anything.

Plus the 50/50 balance of the BMWs mean even if you do start to slip, its very predictable and can be reigned in very easily. And best of all, controlled drifting around corners is more fun than anyone should be allowed to have on public roads.

Agree totally. I took the car into work this morning and it was much better then expected. I have blizzak LM-25's on the style 185 rims. Car handled very predictable. In my old 99 Maxima, 5spd, I used to e-brake around all the time to slide and drift, its actually easier I find to get around in the snow doing this. In the RWD 335i...no need for e-brake!! LOL. Its great fun, but controlled.

I just wish the other idiots on the road could figure out how to drive.

As for CDOT...yea, they suck ass. PLOW DURING and AFTER the storm. The streets here in my town are fine because our plows were out during the storm, and for a long time after. And MAG CHLORIDE PLEASE!!

I dunno about you guys but Id rather have some salt to wash off then get rock chips from the damn gravel!! Clear bra and all, still some parts get hit.
Appreciate 0