10-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_F30 View Post
Thanks for the link! I'm paying $800 for the shocks and $250 for the springs including install. Probably too much, but its very nice shop I've used before and they do excellent work.

Why only go with the rear? The stock sport shocks aren't designed for the limited travel of the lowering springs. That being said, I'm coming from a lighter front end on the 328, maybe the 335 feels a little stiffer up front. Looking forward to feeling the new set up! Can't wait for the parts to come in!

Well, $1050 for parts and labor isn't bad actually. $250 is average cost for the springs (..and I paid $250 to have them installed at EAS). Subtract $250 labor from that $1050, and you're left with $800 for parts (..$250 for the springs and $550 for all 4 shocks......and I'm paying $264 shipped for two rear shocks). I think the price you're paying is fair. The 335i feels pretty good up front actually, which is why I agree with pkancel's assessment to just do the rear shocks.......at least for now. I'm trying not to get too ball's deep into modifying this 335i because I know its days are numbered. I made that mistake with my 2013 X5 only to sell it less than 5 months after purchasing it (..and dumping over $5k in modifications/custom work during that time), and then having to sell all of the parts. My 335i is nearing completion.
Appreciate 0