View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 10:06 AM   #10
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTJ99 View Post
I recently ordered a new X7 for my wife and test drove two but didn't really look into what options there are to move the rear seats (2nd or 3rd row) from the driver's seat. I looked at a bunch of video's on the forum and on you tube and wanted to confirm a few things.

It looks like the only control via button from the driver's seat is to slide the middle row forward or back about 6" via the button on the driver's door above the memory seating controls. Is this correct? I am surprised there isn't a way to raise the 3rd row from the driver's seat or start the 2nd row tilt forward for 3rd row access. Can this be done via iDrive?
While it would be cool to read the stories of the dogs suffocated by the crushing force of the accidental trigger of the 3rd row by an unsuspecting driver, methinks its best if someone needs to be outside the car with the side doors or rear hatch open before making that decision.

Also, what you probably don't know is that raising or lowering the 3rd row not only moves the 2nd row seats but also the 1st row seats as well.
Appreciate 0